Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Creative Space

Thankyou for everyone's lovely comments last week! It took a few days, but by Sunday something was starting to happen, and the designs are well under way now. That doesn't mean that I'm not having design tantrums nearly everyday though, getting so frustrated with myself.
In fact I've just had one of those tantrums.....which is why my creative space looks the way it does today. I've pushed all my design work to one side ( you can just see some of it in the photo) and I've been making some more scrappy log cabin blocks. I don't really no why I'm making them, I just find it kind of therapeutic. And I like the way it just uses up all of those tiny scraps of fabric, of which I have so many. And they're pretty quick to make, giving instant satisfaction, which is always a good thing if you ask me.

Also in my creative space, is this little monster....
getting into everything, trying to eat everything, (including my fabrics) and generally getting up to a whole lot of mischief.

Have a look at some other lovely creative space over at Kootoyou....

16 comments:

  1. maybe that's what I need to do to get the sewjo back, get stuck into the scrap log cabin block therapy!

    your little monster is super cute by the way!hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The monster is absolutely gorgeous & your quilt blocks are looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a little monster in my space too, but probably not as mobile yet! I love your log cabins. If you keep going you will have a king sized quilt in no time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those scrappy blocks are pretty! Does that little monster assist with the fabric choices?

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is the most gorgeous little mon-star! Where would we be without them eh? My 8 year old thinks I love sewing more than him (yes, wake up call) - but it is because of my family that I get so much enjoyment from all things creative. They're like my back-bone IYKWIM. Love your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The scrappy blocks are great, I need something theraputic (or just plain therapy?) & have loads of little fabric scraps as well so I should give this a go.

    What monster? What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful monster and can't believe you're achieving these beautiful scrappy log cabin squares with someone so young in your house!! Well done! It's taken me a long time to be able to start making things again and two days of childcare have meant all the difference... thankfully Sophie LOVES it and is very happy, which means I can confidently create at home... I don't get much done creatively with the kids around as they are very, very good at 'helping'!! Look forward to calling in next week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely blocks!!! i'm making some to turn into pincushions for my shop - it's fun piecing all the little bits together, and a bit addictive!
    p.s. your little monster is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really LOVE your log cabin blocks- will have to have a go !! little m is the most beautiful boy in the world - spoken by a proud G xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blocks. And the fabric is so cute! Where do you pick up such great fabric...man, I've been out of the [sewing] loop for way too long.

    oh - and what a cute kid, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The log cabins are looking fantastic and as for your little monster...too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blocks :) They're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those scrap fabrics look wonderful together. And your son is such a little cutie patootie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creative space is beautiful. The fabrics are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those great blocks are reminding me of the illustrations in great vintage children's books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,

    I am hosting a giveaway for a beautiful handmade ceramic item donated by 'love grows by giving' - you can enter here.

    x nadine
    little lovelies

    ReplyDelete