Thursday, February 26, 2009

A new banner for my blog!


At last I've got around to doing a banner! Named after little m, my not quite 6 month old baby, I thought it should include a little sketch of him. And his hair really does stick up like that, as if I put it in curlers....
And if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be doing all this crafting and blogging stuff. When he was newborn, I was totally shocked by how much time looking after him took up. I found it quite difficult to adjust to my new life, but slowly, bit by bit I managed to get a few minutes a day to myself. And I appreciated them more than ever before! Now I savour every spare moment I get and use it to craft, my own little outlet away from the exhausting, and sometimes mundane job of being a new mother. Little m is my inspiration. I want to make things for him, paint pictures for him, and as he grows be creative with him.

3 comments:

  1. Totally amazing - love it !! Did you do the artwork yourself- xxxxxyou haven't got me on blog you love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the banner Englishrose.

    I hope to see more of your illustrations published, so other people can be as awe inspired by you as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cute! And I know what you mean about finding minutes to yourself! My baby is nearly 4 months old now.

    ReplyDelete